Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Survey Says...

I just got done filling out a survey for a friend's college class. It was directed toward me for insight into the fashion decisions educators make.  I am a bit dull when it comes to fashion, but here are my answers:

Current Teaching Assignment : 2nd Grade Teacher

Degrees Held: B.S. M.Ed. with certifications in ESL, Math, and educational technology.

Describe your “fashion” style: At work I wear a button down shirt, tie, and slacks.  Outside work I live in jean shorts and a t-shirt.

On average, how much time effort and thought do you put in to getting ready in the morning: Not long at all.  Quick shower and shave.  I run my hand through my hair and spray it. Brush my teeth and  then I am off to the closet. I grab the next shirt and the pants that go with it.  The only time I “think” about it is around the holiday season when I try to coordinate seasonal ties.  Total time, about 20 minutes tops.

Favorite piece of clothing: There are various fall jackets I have been fond of…

What other activities are you involved in:  I am a novice thespian - many guys at 40 buy a corvette and chase women half their age, I found the stage to be much more attractive.  I am also a voracious reader, a sporadic writer, and have a particular fondness for the couch and my remote control.  

Favorite Hangout: Coffee shop or a quiet pub with friends.

Describe Your Body Shape: Perpetually slightly overweight. 

If you could look like a celebrity who would you look like: Gene Wilder

What is your favorite color:  Blue

How do you dress to impress: I really don’t.  This quote by the character Ian Malcom has always been my perspective on fashion (and sports)  "Truly, can you imagine anything more boring than fashion?  Professional sports, perhaps.  Grown men swatting little balls, while the rest of the world pays money to applaud.  But, on the whole, I find fashion even more tedious than sports." 

On scale of one to ten how outgoing would you say you are: Probably a 7.  I am bad at small talk, but I find people fascinating, so I always want to strike up a conversation.

What is your favorite food:   Deep fry it and I will tell you…

What social issue are you interested in: Education is near and dear of course.  Outside my profession, I would say religious liberties… specifically freedom from the need to be or appear religious.

Where and how do you buy clothing: Whomever has a  good sale… plus, I often find I have to buy from the Tall section even though I am far from tall.  I have a long torso and short legs… so I gotta buy tall or my shirts come untucked.

What brands are your favorites:   See above quote by Malcom.

What are you primary concerns when you select clothing for work? Recreation?  For work, that I look professional.  For recreation, that I am comfortable.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails