Saturday, December 22, 2012

600 Posts

In just a few months, this blog will be 10 years old! Crazy. I started out making about a dozen posts a year, which grew to over a dozen posts a month. That has lessened as I have found myself conversing more on Facebook, but I still find a use in writing things here.

For one thing, writing on Facebook thoughts scroll away and are rarely heard from again. Blogging keeps a nice, searchable, topical record. It is easier for me to track my evolution of thoughts on a blog.

As the title indicates, this is my 600th post. My article on the Truth Project is my most popular post with over 8,000 views. It also has the most comments for any article I have written. However, Facebook Faith #5 moved into a quick second the other day. It received over 4,000 views in just a few days after Rachel Held Evans mentioned it offhandedly in an article she wrote - it's not what you write, but who links it. :)

It has been fun to get to know a lot of people though this blog over those 10 years. A number have become Facebook friends whom I interact with so regularly, I have to remind myself that I have never actually met them.

For those of you who stop in regularly or on occasion, thank you! I hope this post finds you well and enjoying life. We'll talk again soon!

3 comments:

wellis68 said...

I have so enjoyed reading your blog too! Glad it exists, glad you exist!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on the milestone! I enjoy all of your posts a lot.

Bob said...

I enjoy your blog, Andrew, even though you and I don't agree on much! Your witticisms and interesting anecdotes always bring me back. Please don't desert us totally for Facebook; I like to think of the blog world as a cut above and you as one of its stellar participants! Happy New Year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails