Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bloom : King of Dreams

I am uber grateful for my newly acquired, and apparently extremely rare, Joseph: King of Dreams soundtrack. You may have picked that up from my previous post.  Aside from the beauty of the music, John Bucchino writes wonderful, meaningful lyrics.  So, I have to share the song Bloom. It occurs twice in the movie, once sung by Joseph's mother and later by his wife. In each case, these women are calling Joseph to listen to the better part of himself.

Bloom
You've seen the damage words can do,
When full of thoughtless pride,
Now heed the wiser voice in you,
That calls to be your guide,
The flowers reaching for the sun are all uniquely blessed,
But though each is special not a one is better than the rest
Bloom, bloom, may you know, The wisdom only time breeds,
There's room, bloom and you'll grow, To follow where your heart leads,
Bloom and may you bring, Your colours to the vast bouquet,
There's room, bloom, learn one thing,
Your gifts are meant to give away




Bloom (reprise)
How long must there be anger here,
Before we can rejoice,
Embracing love instead of fear, Is but a simple choice,
It's hard for me to see you fall, So bitter and so blind,
When the truest nature of us all,
Invites us to be kind,
Bloom, bloom, may you know, The wisdom only time breeds,
There's room, bloom and you'll grow,
To follow where your heart leads,
Bloom and may you live, The way your life was meant to be,
There's room, bloom and forgive...
May sweet compassion set you free


4 comments:

Sarea said...

I am going to check out this movie, haven't seen it!

I have been very passionate about Andy Andrews (author) lately, he has really impacted me, but I was wondering if you had heard of him and what you thought. I read the book "The Boy Who Changed the World" book to my kids at least once a week. I am teaching a class on "The Young Travelers Gift" to some of the homeschool kids as well. Just thought I would put that out there. ;-) (Pay NO attention to the fact that he was recently a guest on Glen Beck's show...hee hee) I liked him WAY before that!

Andrew said...

It is now on Netflix (Netflix is the bomb... I wish everyone would quit pickin on it!) I hadn't heard of that author, but I will check him out.

Anonymous said...

Hey, how did you acquire the King of Dreams soundtrack, I have been searching for it for months now with no avail.

Andrew said...

Anon - a lot of searching. I ended up getting it through an online rare CD store. I was dubious that it was real. Apparently, this CD was given out a premiere party. A shame that it never got a real release. It is out there, but yeah, a pain to find.

Related Posts with Thumbnails