Friday, February 10, 2023

Potato Math

I usually don't buy kitchen items that do only one thing.  

We have a small kitchen... so, space is a premium.  Utensils have to earn their keep.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't buy an item like this... but they had it on such a good sale, I would not feel guilty if I used it once and threw it away.

However, combined with my air fryer, I use this thing all the time.

It makes perfect fries.

But this is dangerous.

Here is what I have discovered.

I would never, typically, down 4 or five potatoes.

However, press them through the fry-maker.  Add a dash of oil and spice.  Give them 16 minutes in the air fryer.  Add some fry sauce.

All of a sudden, I can put down 4-5 potatoes in a flash.

I thought the air fryer... and the fry cutter... were a step toward health.

I am now questioning these decisions.

2 comments:

Ed said...

I've never seen one of those but then we have one of these

https://www.amazon.com/Mandoline-Vegetables-Adjustable-Vegetable-Potatoes/dp/B08MTCBGV6

which can make two different thicknesses of fried plus slice veggies. Mostly I use it for canning garden produce but occasionally the girls require fries. We use the deep fry method which takes so long when everything is said and done, that I only do it a couple times a year. That makes it healthier!

Bob said...

I'm right there with you. Could do some serious damage to fries made with that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails