Friday, July 20, 2018

Keep It Secular

Do you want freedom of religion? Then keep religion out of our governmental system.

I am secular, but I would protect your religious freedoms more than most religious people you know.

See, I don't care if you beseech Thor or Yahweh. Whether you follow the teachings of Joseph Smith or the Dalai Lama is all the same to me.

The only thing I ask is that you do not make me join you in this.

You would have trouble getting some of your fellow theists to grant you such liberties.

They want the schools to pray their way. Read their scriptures.

They want laws to reflect their pious predilections.

They want taxes to fund their projects, their evangelistic efforts.

If you really want religious freedom, keep our system secular.


2 comments:

Mildred Ratched said...

What's the secular version of writing "AMEN" for a response? HELL YES??? I used to like it when Bill Maher would have him on as a guest. He always was good source of food for thought.

Michelle said...

Absolutely right. Whenever I see a Mormon or a Catholic working with other Christians to get some manner of prayer or Bible study into public schools, I think, "Oh, honey...if they get what they want, you will not be invited to the table."

Related Posts with Thumbnails