Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two Points for Pat Robertson

I usually don't agree with Pat Robertson (or any TV Christian personality) but he was spot on today - and I like to give credit when I can. In an interview Pat Robertson said of President Obama:

It's not over, but I still want to give him the benefit of every doubt, and I definitely hope he succeeds. It wouldn't be good for Americans for him not to. We don't want a president who fails at domestic and foreign policy.

So you don't subscribe to Rush Limbaugh's "I hope he fails" school of thought?

That was a terrible thing to say. I mean, he's the president of all the country. If he succeeds, the country succeeds. And if he doesn't, it hurts us all. Anybody who would pull against our president is not exactly thinking rationally.

Pat's perspective, in this regard, should be self evident.... but it isn't. Thank you Pat for speaking wisdom to those in your circles.

HT: Bruce

3 comments:

Redlefty said...

Way to go, Pat! Maybe he was inpsired by his 2,000-pound leg presses from earlier in the day? :)

Jeff Eyges said...

And precisely when did Pat start speaking rationally?

What happened - meds kicked in?

Andrew said...

Heh! If someone had read me the quote and asked who said it, I NEVER would have guessed a Christian TV personality.

Related Posts with Thumbnails