Tuesday, July 10, 2012
My children struggle with allergies. They are allergic to plugging in dead electronics. When one tablet or laptop is dead, they go off in search of another... but it never occurs to them to plug in the dead one.
I devised, what I thought, was a pretty creative solution. I stuck a power strip behind the couch in the family room. In it, I plugged in the chargers for all the varied laptops and tablets that float about the house. The cords are out of sight, but easily accessible, and always in the same location. All the kids have to do is throw the tech on a charger when done.
Simple, logical, perfect.
Of course, you know where this is going.
I went to use Ipad... dead... mere feet from the plug behind the couch.
I go to plug it in....
..... none of the chargers are in the power strip.
(calling upstairs and downstairs simultaneously) "WHO TOOK THE CHARGERS OUT OF THE POWER STRIP AND WHERE ARE THEY??!!"
(voice from upstairs) "Wasn't me! Ask Jake!"
(voice from downstairs) "Wasn't me! Ask Kathryn!"
Posted by Andrew at 2:29 PM