Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Being Human: S2 US S4 UK

I am a big Being Human fan.

Which one you ask? UK or US?

All of it!

I do not understand the need of some fans to pick one or the other.  Either/or, team thinking is so limiting.

I enjoy the gritty, more earthy version that has been for running for three seasons in the UK.  I enjoy the more polished, nuanced version that started last year here in the US.  The web mini-series Becoming Human was a treat (one I hope they further pursue).  I even enjoyed the original pilot which was done sometime before the series with different actors.

Over the past few weeks, I have been re-watching both versions of Being Human courtesy of Netflix.  This week, the US will start its second season on Syfy.  Later this month the UK will be ramping up their 4th season with an almost entirely new cast.

To introduce the new vampire in the UK series,  the BBC released this short prequel story.  I think it is going to be a good season.

2 comments:

Sarea said...

I've actually been looking for another series to watch on Netflix, thanks for the 'review'!

Andrew said...

Glad to point ya in the right direction Sarea. :) I too appreciate when someone makes a good suggestion on Netflix... there is SOOO much to sift through... I wrote a blog a few back making some Netflix suggestions and asking for others. If you have some to add....

Related Posts with Thumbnails