Friday, June 29, 2012

Pastors Assemble!

I saw an article on Facebook this morning that contained the following video. In it, these two popular megachurch evangelical pastors go on and on about how wonderful the other is. The writer of the article does a good job commenting on this phenomenon, but I want to add a detail.

Charasmatics have been doing this since I was a kid. I remember watching Fred Price and Kenneth Hagin butter each other up to their respective audiences (I won't call them churches).  Kenneth Copeland made this practice a regular part of his show.

Televangelists learned early on that, rather than competition, fellow televangelist interaction actually increased the financial pie. It is like getting the Avengers all together in one movie... audiences eat it up.

Nice to see Evangelicals are discovering the tricks to the money trade that Charasmatics have been milking for decades.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails