Monday, August 30, 2010

Hell Theory

I have stated my reasons for not buying in to Hell theory many times on this blog. However, as I was watching Neil Simon's classic spoof of whodunits "Murder by Death" I came across a scene which explains how I emotionally feel about it.

In this scene, the world's most famous detectives are brainstorming theories to explain a murder that has just taken place. Dick Charleston, played by David Niven, has just given a detailed theory when Sydney Wang, played by Peter Sellers, rebuts.

Sydney Wang: One moment please .... very interesting theory Mr. Charleston; but you overlook one very important point."

Dick Charleston: and that is?

Sydney Wang: Is stupid! Is most stupid theory I ever heard... Bwah-hah-hah!

The scene can be viewed at 3:35.

1 comment:

Don said...

Love that movie (or anything with Sellers), love that answer for hell theory!

Related Posts with Thumbnails