So, I was excited to hear that it was coming out soon on DVD and went online to check the release date. One of the Google summaries of a review caught my eye, so I clicked on it to read the whole article.
What I found was a Christian movie review site called Movieguide.org. Now let me first say that, in theory, I have no problem with a "Christian" movie review site. If they want to give reviews for a movie that like minded folks would be interested in reading, wonderful. I myself would like to have an idea how much violence, nudity, drug use may be in a movie before I take my muchkins.
However, what this site thought of as problematic was just too rich. You can read the whole review here, but I thought I would give you some of the big threats you should watch out for in this love story.
- "the movie’s worldview is ultimately humanist, but in a light way."
- "it includes some politically correct content attacking Republicans and hunters"
- "a line of dialogue supporting the radical homosexual agenda trying to turn modern society into an anti-Christian tyranny."
- "The movie’s politically correct content is not extremely didactic or constant, but it is annoying and gratuitous."
- "as this movie clearly shows, our relationships can be torn apart by circumstances if we do not have God, Jesus Christ or God’s Law to guide us."
....exactly the same as those outside of Christianity.
This site did give me a good chuckle, and I have to admit I will be checking there regularly now for movie reviews.
Every day should have a good laugh.