Thursday, May 09, 2013

Time To Take The Test!

I posted this picture on Facebook along with this comment:

But it gives me the warm fuzzies knowing that our nation and its states are forcing our schools to spend all of their time, funds, and talent to develop a generation of massively proficient bubble testers.
 I wanna look all these politicians and "school reformers" straight in the eye and I want to tell them what cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit they really are! Hallelujah! Holy shit!.... Where's the Tylenol?

That led to a conversation about standardized testing and my personal frustration with it:
Who I am as a teacher, will be judged over the next 5 days by how my students perform on a multiple choice test. Literally... those 5 measly tests. What I was to my students as a teacher, how I communicated with parents, how I maintain the classroom environment, what I contribute as a staff member...... NONE of that factors in to my teacher effectiveness.... my worth is judged by those tests. Do teachers feel pressure to think of everything they do in terms of test prep? .... you bet your ass they do.... is that really what we want? Nope. We (as a nation) see the wall we are driving into, but we can't turn away...
 
If you feel some level of frustration with our nation's educational system, remember that your local teacher is probably on the same page with you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails