Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Perhaps the better Watchmen movie was just released

I have lost count of how many times I have read the Watchmen Graphic Novel. If you have never read Watchmen, it is considered by most to be the best graphic novel of all time. I would agree with that assessment.

This Friday, the Watchmen movie is being released. I am looking forward to it, but I know that it will probably fall short in many respects. How does one capture a 12 issue epic in a two and a half hour movie?

With that in mind, I was delighted to see that a "motion comic" was created. Basically, they took the comic frame by frame and animated it with voice-overs and music. I am on the third episode, and I love the work they did. In the end, I would not be surprised to see it beat out this Friday's movie.

4 comments:

Redlefty said...

I read it for the first time a couple of months ago. Really struggled with the non-linear structure but I did enjoy it!

I think Jamie's taking the kids on a short spring break trip in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably go to the movie one of those nights. IMAX version, here I come!

wellis68 said...

I need to read that. I'm going to see the movie tonight at midnight.

Andrew said...

Wes, I am envious... I don't think I am going to be able to make it to a theater until Sunday evening.

Andrew said...

IMAX!? I didn't even think of checking there... (pulling up Yahoo movie listings)....

Related Posts with Thumbnails