Wednesday, March 22, 2023

No Hope for Fox

On my podcast list I have David Frum, Jay McFarland, David French, Bill Kristol, etc.  I listen to these guys because I want to hear a calm articulation of the conservative viewpoint.  I also eschew liberal voices that tend toward the sensational.  I want to try and understand reality as best I can.

I know I have friends and family who have a steady diet of Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, and the AM radio talk show circuit.  Their view of reality could not be more tilted.

Folks on the Left, Right, and Middle who deal in reality are hopeful that the revelations these past few weeks - that the folks at Fox knowingly and willfully engaged in falsehoods in order to appease their viewers- will bring some change.

I don't have that hope... at all.

2 comments:

Ed said...

I was just mentioning this on another post earlier today. I tend to listen to those who are conservative but critical of Trump or liberal but critical of Biden. They seem to be closer to the middle ground that I inhabit politically.

Bob said...

Oh hell no, there will be no change. The folks at Fox won't admit what they did, and they'll continue to say what their audience wants to hear.

I am weary of the extremes that want to control the narrative. I also appreciate French, Kristol, et al, for voices of reason, as well as their more progressive counterparts like Friedman and Dowd. I don't mind an opposing view as long as it is presented in a respectful way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails